Apple Cinnamon Crostini
- Number of Servings
- 1 Gala or Braeburn apple
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 (½ inch) slices whole-wheat Italian bread, cut diagonally
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Peel and core apple. Cut in half vertically. Place each half cut side down on work surface and cut crosswise into even 1/8-inch slices. Keep slices together in shape of apple.
- Set cut apple halves on small, microwavable plate, still holding slices together. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar over each half and cover plate loosely with wax paper. Place plate in microwave, keeping paper tucked under plate, and microwave, about 45 seconds. Remove and let apple slices sit covered for 5 minutes. Uncover and cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Toast bread for crostini. Spread each slice of toast with 1 teaspoon butter and sprinkle one-fourth of cinnamon-sugar evenly over each. Cover bread with apples, placed diagonally. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition Information
5 g. total fat
(2.5 g. saturated fat)
25 g. carbohydrates
3 g. protein
3 g. dietary fiber
100 mg. sodium