Wrap up this winter!
- Number of Servings
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 eight-inch whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried with stems removed
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strip
Whether you need a quick lunch at home or something to brown-bag, this tasty wrap will delight you and your family. The combination of fresh veggies here is only a suggestion. Feel free to fill your wraps with any veggies you have on hand.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, and lime peel.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds on high to make them easier to roll. Spread each tortilla evenly with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Arrange the spinach leaves on top of each tortilla, then the avocado slices, bell pepper, and carrots.
- Roll the tortillas up tightly. Place the seam sides down on the serving plates.
- *NOTE: As an alternative to the mayonnaise-lime mixture, use a prepared hummus, yogurt-cucumber dip, low-fat flavored cream cheese, salsa, baba ghanoush, or mustard.
- OTHER OPTIONS: Try arugula instead of spinach. Add any type of bean, grated zucchini, tomatoes, shredded cabbage, onions, mushrooms, and/or chopped cucumbers.
- Nutrition Information
10 g. total fat (2 g. saturated fat)
31 g. carbohydrates
5 g. protein
7 g. dietary fiber
323 mg. sodium
Courtesy of the American Institute for Cancer Research (www.aicr.org). To receive recipes by e-mail, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.