Carbo Family Chicken Artichoke Sauté
- Number of Servings
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed chicken
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (with oil)
- 1 (8-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts (with liquid)
- ½ cup white cooking wine or chicken broth
- 1½ teaspoons Cavender’s All-Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 pound angel hair pasta, or spaghetti, cooked according to package directions and drained
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat and sauté the chicken until browned on all sides and cooked through (slice a piece to check; if it is still pink, continue cooking), 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining butter to the skillet and sauté the onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked chicken, the sun-dried tomatoes (and oil), the artichoke hearts (and liquid), wine (or broth), Greek seasoning, bouillon, and pepper. Simmer, stirring gently, until all ingredients are heated through and the alcohol has cooked off, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cream, whisking thoroughly. Add to the skillet and cook, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens. Serve over cooked pasta.
PHOTO BY MARIALISA CALTA