Thanksgiving green bean salad
(Side dish, Vegetarian)
- Number of Servings
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 quarts canned green beans
- 1 to 1½ medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and oil until the sugar dissolves.
- Toss the green beans and onions together in a large bowl. Toss again with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss again. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
©IStockphoto.com / Daniel Gilbey
Recipe adapted from the files of Jennifer Schonefeld, Vattman, Texas