Hearty beef stew
- Number of Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin tips (1-inch cubes)
- 1 28 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 2 packages (.87 oz. each) brown gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 26 oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots,
- green beans, corn)
- 1 potato, diced
- ½ stalk celery, chopped
- ½ medium onion, diced
- salt and pepper
A Walz family favorite, during the winter months.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add beef to hot skillet and sauté until thoroughly cooked. Set aside.
- Combine stewed tomatoes, gravy mix blended with 2 cups of cold water, Worcestershire sauce, and all vegetables in a stockpot. Heat to a boil.
- Add beef to stockpot. Reduce temperature. Cover and simmer on low temperature 30 minutes until vegetables are the desired consistency.
© 2008 Jupiterimages Corporation
- Nutrition Information