Kadai aloo (Potato curry)
(Side dish, Vegetarian)
- Number of Servings
- 4 large potatoes, cut into cubes with skin on
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil potatoes until soft, then drain water and allow to cool.
- Mix all dry spices and lime juice in a bowl with potatoes, and set aside.
- In a large pan, sauté garlic, onions, red pepper, and jalapeños in oil until they are tender. Add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add seasoned potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until mixture is hot. Add salt to taste. Serve hot. Optional: Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Courtesy of CRS's Operation Rice Bowl 2008
© 2008 Jupiterimages Corporation.