Cameroonian fried vegetables
(Side dish, Vegetarian)
- Number of Servings
- 3 packages chopped frozen spinach or greens
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp or 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 potatoes or yams, chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil spinach or greens until soft. Strain and set aside.
- Cook potatoes or yams and set aside.
- Add oil to a frying pan. Pan-fry onions, garlic and celery for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and fry for an additional 5 minutes. Add spinach or greens and salt.
- Cook on medium for 10 minutes. Add yams or potatoes and serve.
Courtesy of CRS's Operation Rice Bowl 2008
© 2008 Jupiterimages Corporation.
- Nutrition Information