Nun Better Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Number of Servings
Sister Assumpta's famous cookies
- 2¼ cups sifted, all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Nestle® Toll
- House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Nutrition Information
- Place one oven rack in the center of the oven, and a second oven rack as close above it as possible. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line two cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Mix the sifted flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy, at least three minutes.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and beat again until very creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate morsels.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Place the remaining dough in the refrigerator until needed.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Halfway through baking, rotate the cookie sheets from back to front, and from the top rack to the bottom. When done, cool the cookie sheets on the wire racks for 2 minutes. Using a spatula, remove the cookies from the cookie sheets and set on the wire racks to cool.
- Allow the cookie sheets to cool completely before starting another batch, or, remove the baking parchment, flip the sheet upside down, and run the bottom under cool tap water. Dry. Turn right side up and replace the baking parchment. Proceed to scoop out batter and bake the cookies, as directed, until you have used up all the batter.
© 2008 Jupiterimages Corporation