- 8 cups seeded watermelon cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup hulled and quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 2 cups water (approximately)
- thin watermelon wedges with the rind (optional)
Healthy and cool enough to beat the heat!
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, pulse the watermelon, strawberries, and sugar until blended and smooth.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a 2-quart container, pushing down on the solids to get all the juice. Add the lemon juice and enough of the water to make 1 1/2 quarts.
- Chill until very cold. Serve over ice with a wedge of watermelon, if desired.
Courtesy of Pastrywiz.com
Source: Lemonade by Fred Thompson: 50 Cool Recipes for Classic, Flavored, and Hard Lemonades and Sprinklers
© 2008 Jupiterimages Corporation