Favorite Carrot Cake Muffins
(Breads, Breakfast, Vegetarian)
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- 1½ cup unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 cup olive oil (extra virgin, cold-pressed)
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups organic shredded carrots
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut(unsweetened)
- 1 cup raisins (organic)
You read about Kathryn Oates' friendship with her mother and their bonding over cooking in Cooking with my mom. Now try your hand at making one of their favorite recipes.
(Use regular produce if organic is not available)
1 Preheat oven to 350°.
2 In medium bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3 In large mixing bowl beat eggs and add honey, olive oil, and vanilla.
4 Add flour mixture to bowl and stir.
5 Add carrots, walnuts, coconut, and raisins to mixing bowl and stir.
6 Spoon into muffin cups (we use paper liners in muffin pans).
7 Cook 20 to 30 minutes until muffins are firm to the touch on top.
8 Cool and enjoy.