Grilled Fruit with Strawberry Dip
- 8 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 2 tablespoons plain, fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried, ground ginger
- 4 peaches, halved
- 8 chunks pineapple
- 4 plums, nectarines, or papaya, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Try something new on the grill this summer!
FOR THE DIP:
Recipe courtesy of the American Institute for Cancer Research. To receive recipes by e-mail, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In a blender, purée cheese, strawberries, yogurt, and ginger until smooth. Refrigerate the dip for 2 hours before grilling the fruit.
- When you are ready to grill the fruit, thread pieces of prepared fruit onto 8 skewers. Mix the vinegar and sugar together. Grill the fruit until it is lightly browned, turning frequently and brushing with the vinegar mixture during grilling.
- Serve grilled fruit with yogurt dip on the side.
- Nutrition Information
Per serving: 116 calories; 2 g. total fat (1 g. saturated fat); 21 g. carbohydrates; 4 g. protein; 2 g. dietary fiber; 40 mg. sodium