- 12 tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 3 red peppers, chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small can (4 oz) green capers
- 1 small can pitted green olives
- 1 lb tilapia, cod or similar white fish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Salt the fish and brush with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes. Let it cool and shred it.
- Bake the tomatoes and the peppers until soft. Fry the garlic and onion in oil until light brown.
- Put the fried onion and garlic, grilled tomatoes and peppers in a blender, blend and pass through a colander.
- Pour the strained sauce in a pan and heat to a boil. Once the sauce has boiled for a few minutes add the shredded fish and remove from heat.
- Add green olives, capers, and chopped parsley to the pan. Serve over rice.
Courtesy of CRS’s Operation Rice Bowl 2008
© 2008 Jupiterimages Corporation.