Catholic Digest Reader Survey Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
By Catholic Digest Staff
For a chance to win a $500 American Express Gift Card enter the CATHOLIC DIGEST SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES SPONSORED BY: BAYARD INC.
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES ␣ COMPLETION OF THE SURVEY IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES ␣ A PURCHASE OR COMPLETION OF THE CATHOLIC DIGEST SURVEY WILL NOT IMPROVE OR INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING THIS SWEEPSTAKES
You have NOT yet won
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDINGLY TO THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the United States and wherever prohibited at law.
By entering this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), entrants fully and unconditionally accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
1. Sponsor: Bayard Inc. (the “Sponsor”) 1 Montauk Avenue, Suite 200 New London, CT 06320
2. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins 12:01 A.M., E.S.T., on MARCH 8, 2010 and ends 5:00 P.M., E.S.T., on April 23, 2010 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries must be postmarked by the end of the Sweepstakes Period, and received no later than five (5) days later.
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. Prize Description. There will be three (3) winners. The prize is $500 (US) paid with an American Express Gift Card. If the prize is for any item of value other than the American Express Gift Card, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per winner.
7. Winner Selection and Notification. On or around April 30, 2010 (the “Drawing Date”), Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select the potential Sweep- stakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The potential winners will be notified by mail, e-mail, or phone. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or liability whatsoever in connection with this attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner declines the Prize, a Prize notification is returned as undeliverable or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that it has met all eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Sweepstakes.
8. Consent and Release. Except where prohibited, by entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor (for Texas Residents only, the Texas Office of the Governor, Economic Development and Tourism) and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”) from any and all Sweepstakes, including without limitation le- gal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of persons or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of a prize (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, for the Sponsor to use the name, likeness, photograph, voice opinions and/or location and state of such winner for editorial, advertising, promotional and publicity purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration by the Sponsor and/ or by others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and re- leases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/ her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
9. Disclaimers. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, will not be eligible. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry or sweepstakes process. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of mailing delays, unauthorized intervention, force majeure, or administrative failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution, or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Sweepstakes based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESEN- TATIONS, OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COM- PONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDER- MINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIO- LATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULL- EST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUD- ING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. Disputes, Applicable Laws, and Jurisdiction. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut, with- out regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Except where prohibited, all disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweep- stakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Connecticut. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
11. Disclosure of Winner. To obtain a “Winner Identification” (available after May 30, 2010) send a self-addressed, stamped business envelope to: Bayard, Inc. Catholic Digest Sweepstakes – Winner Disclosure Re- quest, 1 Montauk Avenue, Suite 200, New London, CT 06320. All requests for Winner Identification must be received by June 30, 2010.
12. Mailing List Name Removal Notification System. If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list visit firstname.lastname@example.org and request removal from all mailings.